Paediatric First Aid Level 3
12 hours. Please ensure you can commit to the 12 hours - these will be divided over 2 or 3 days.
The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid qualification is ideal for those who work or intend to work in a childcare setting as it has been specifically designed to fulfil Ofsted's first aid requirements for early years teachers, nursery workers and childminders.
What is covered?
- The roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- Head and spinal injuries
- Fractures, dislocations and sprains
- Anaphylaxis and allergic reactions
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Burns and scalds
- Electric Shock
- Wounds and bleeding
- Sickle cell crisis
- Eye, ear and nose conditions
- Bites and stings
- Treatment for hot and cold temperatures
- Minor injuries
- Accident Recording
- Safe use of Automated External Defibrillator
£110 Per Person