Mental Capacity Act 2005/DOLs
Duration: 1/2 Day course
This course is aimed at all staff and volunteers working within the health and social care sector.
This course will cover the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and its implications. It will provide an overview of the existing legal framework for protecting adults at risk.
- To understand the Mental Capacity Act and why its relevant
- To explore the five key principles (what the act is founded upon)
- To explore best interest and how we act lawfully
- To explore Depravation of Liberty
- To explore the links to lasting power of attorney, court appointed deputies, advance decisions, court of protection and the office of public guardian
Cost: £35 per person