Learning Disability Awareness
Duration: 1/2 Day course
This course is aimed at all staff and volunteers working within the health and social care sector.
This course will provide a greater understanding of the needs and diversities of people with learning disabilities.
- To explore the term learning disability
- To increase the confidence of staff within the learning disability sector
- To provide practical advice regarding methods of communication
- To explore best practice
- To explore barriers for inclusion and potential difficulties experienced by individuals with a learning disability
- To explore current legislation that affects ways of working in the learning disability sector
Cost: £35 per person