Effective Assessments Training
Duration: 2 day course
The Care Certificate is mandatory for all new Health Care Support Workers (HCSW) and Adult Social Care Workers, replacing Common Induction Standards. Observational assessments in the workplace are crucial to ensure employees meet the required competencies.
This course is designed specifically for managers, supervisors and senior staff who are responsible for observing and assessing in the workplace. Participants will learn how to observe and assess against the Care Certificate standards.
- The care certificate criteria
- How to keep the assessment process simple, thus not adding extra workload
- Cross referencing assessments for different standards
- How to complete and record effective assessments
- How to provide effective feedback
- How to engage the employee and encourage them to take responsibility for their own development
- Practical application
NB: We will provide templates for effective assessments, feedback and tracking against the fundamental Care Certificate standards.
- To provide participants with the skills necessary, knowledge, skills and values that underpin effective observational assessments
Our facilitators will produce a learning evaluation report for each participant, detailing attendance, success measures and development areas. We believe this will provide you with essential knowledge of how to continue to support the continuous development of your staff.
Cost: £78 per person
Our training centre creates an environment conducive for learning. The training centre has onsite parking and a nearby overspill car park. Lunch can be purchased from our in-house catering facility.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about our Effective Assessments training or any other we offer at Best Practice Training please don’t hesitate to get in touch, we are always happy to help.